History

hughson_fire_vintage

  • The Hughson Fire Protection District was established on June 15th, 1915.
  • The District was formed in 1915 with three founding Fire Commissioners:
    • V. Date
    • M. Wickizer
    • G. Clark
  • The Fire District was first formed with two hose carts and 500 feet of fire hose.
  • The first Fire Chief was Daniel Dusenbury Donaldson and he served from 1915-1928
  • The First Fire Engine was a 1923 Model T. The original tanks and box were later moved onto a 1931 Chevy truck that has been recently restored and is still in the possession of the Hughson Fire Protection District.
  • 1941- The Hughson Fire Protection District purchased its’ first Pumper engine: a 1941 Dodge Van Pelt with a 350 gallon tank and 350 gpm pump for a cost of $3,805.06. This pumper has since been fully restored and is still in the possession of the Hughson Fire Protection District.
  • 1946- The Hughson Fire Protection District received “11” calls for service.
  • 1964- Bob Silva became the first full-time paid Fire Chief of The Hughson Fire Protection District.
  • 1989- Scott Berner became the first full-time paid Firefighter position for the Hughson fire Protection District. He is now the Fire Chief of The district.
  • 2015- The Hughson Fire Protection District had “866” calls for service.